+ GENEALOGICAL RESEARCH - FAMILY TREE - PROBLEMS & SOLUTIONS - MISC. COMMENTS +

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Pearl Lillian Woodside

I remember when I was a teenager (boy, that was a long time ago) my mother mentioned she had a cousin Pearl who lived in New York. At the time I thought Pearl was quite a strange name to give someone and don't remember anyone else in the family having such a name. Many years later when I started 'doing' genealogy I discovered who Pearl was.

As mentioned in an earlier post, my grandfather's brother, William J. Woodside, married in Buffalo, New York to Lillie Barber Samcoe. After checking various census records I discovered they had four children and one was named Pearl Lillian Woodside.

Pearl was born July 29, 1908 in Buffalo, New York. She married on June 4, 1928 to Charles O. Bauld, son of Charles and Caroline Bauld. Pearl and Charles, along with their two sons Raye and Don, lived near her parents in Buffalo until about 1943, at which time they moved to St. Petersburg, Florida (except for Raye, who stayed in Buffalo until 1957). Pearl lived in Florida until she died at 81 years of age on May 8, 1990. Her husband, Charles, preceded her in death on October 15, 1969.

4 comments:

Lenfred said...

Lillian B. (Samcoe) Woodside was my grandfather's sister. There were six Samcoe siblings, four girls and two boys. I have a photo of the siblings with their spouses that includes William and Lillie. I would be happy to send you a copy if you are interested.

Nancy Samcoe-Link

Erma Walsh said...

Hello, Lenfred. I would very much like to have a copy of the photo. I also have some questions on Lillian's siblings. When you send the photo please include your email address so I can contact you directly. Many thanks. Erma

Anonymous said...

WHAT WORD PROGRAM WOULD I USE TO PRINT AND BURN TO CD TO BE COMPATIABLE, TO PUT IN, FAMILYTREE PROGRAM.

NORMAN

EMAIL ADD.NORPDOU71@SUDDENLINK

Erma Walsh said...

I have never tried to do this, nor do I know if a family tree program would accept information from a word program.

Anybody out there have an answer to this question?